Nowadays, those who are running a business must have to ensure functionality, safety, security, comfort, and cleanliness in their organization, whether it’s small or large.
In the current situation during this pandemic hygiene and sanitization play a vital role, in our daily-to-daily life, people are showing more concern towards cleaning and sanitization as it’s changed people’s lifestyle a lot.
Everyone likes to see a neat and clean office as it gives a good and healthy environment to the employees also it brings positivity and happiness in their minds to start a day, for this reason, every organization looks for the best facility management services that can help to reduce the facility handling stress and make things easy.
So let’s first understand what Facility Management is?
Facilities management can be defined as the tools and services that support the functionality, safety, and sustainability of buildings, grounds, infrastructure, and real estate.
In simple words– Facility management integrates all the day-to-day services on the behalf of your business. Its objective is to reduce the outgoing costs of your business while ensuring that it still meets all of its purposes
Functions of Facility Management – Facility management functions vary as per company needs and requirements as they provide different services as per company needs such as cleaning services, catering, security services, and support services, etc.
- Cleaning Services-Cleaning services including the removal of wastages and unwanted substances dirt, dust, bacteria, and other impurities from the environment and objects, all these processes take place after office hours or before employees reach the offices.
- Support Services-Facilities management services are carried out through outsourcing or from their direct employees, but as we need to respond immediately for many activities, their facility manager keeps the control through checking the daily reports and escalation.
- Property services- Property services included the maintenance, repair, and inspection as required to ensure the facility operates safely and efficiently to increase the life of the equipment and lower the failure risk.
- Catering Services-In catering services or Pantry Services, they prepared the food and meals on the premises and also they delivered the food and meals to another location as well for consumption.
- Security Services- Security services are very important to any organization or company to provide security to employees and businesses as it comes under facility management.
Let’s have a look at 7 reasons, that why Facility management is important in 2021
The importance of facilities management services always depends upon the goals and preferences of the client.
Before considering these management services, you should be aware of these proven benefits of facility management:
Maximize Value and Minimize Costs:
Facility Management services provide the maximum values on less cost, if we use the services in structured ways companies can minimize the maintenance and repair cost through facility management programs, suppose if companies use planned preventive maintenance then it will reduce the cost on maintenance as proper maintenance scheduled for equipment and fabric building increases the life of the equipment and also reduces the failure and breakdown as clean and pleasant environments motivate the employees so they are more productive, by this way we can maximize the values of products and reduce the cost.
Attract and Retain Customers:
Every company always focuses on attracting and retaining the customer by providing the best services to ensure that customer satisfaction and happiness are on top priority always understand the customer needs. Attracting and retaining customers in different ways:
- Offer Unique Services to them
- Schedule customer education program
- By building customer trust by providing satisfactory services
- Keep proper communication with the customer and implement the customer feedback in the loop.
- Arrange customer retention Programs.
Prevent Equipment Failures:
By using Facility Management services companies can prevent equipment failure and increase the efficiency of equipment’s, suppose if companies using planned, preventive, and scheduled maintenance, then through these services companies will get the proper equipment inspection and testing at regular intervals of time by experts to prevent the failure or breakdown of equipment’s and ensure their safety.
The workplace can be safe at the highest level only if all equipment works fine and building fabric conditions should be in the best condition.
Finally, we can say by using the facility management services you can make your Equipment and building fabrics long-lasting and reduce the risk of failure and breakdown.
4. Ensures the Premises is Safe:
When we come to the safety and cleaning Facility Management services always ensure that your space will be well maintained and keep your employee safe and happy.
Facility managers are aware of and experienced in these regulations, and they will bring that expertise to your space to ensure all the equipment works properly also they send the experts to the customer place to check the space-time to time to ensure the quality of work done.
5. Smooth services to individual needs:
Facilities management is not a “one-size-fits-all” industry. But, when you hire individual vendors, it can be hard to find a professional who takes your needs and goals into account for a single service. Working with a facilities manager allows you to be involved in creating an overall facilities management plan, which will be tailored to your property or organization. You will have the benefit of knowing that your facilities are managed by someone with a deep understanding of your space and what it needs to succeed
6. Reduce stress and pressure
Facility Management outsourcing will reduce the stress and pressure of managing companies in-house facilities handing the responsibility of managing and maintaining your space, customer has less to worry about day-to-day activities will ensure that all of your facilities management requirements are taken care of providing you with essential and sustainable facilities management solutions which are compliant with industry regulations. It is performed by a trained and professional team. It helps Property and business managers to focus on their go.
Health and sanitization:
Maintaining cleanliness in a health care facility differs from conventional cleaning. Health facilities are required to maintain utmost cleanliness for minimizing the growth of infective organisms, which can spread between patients, visitors, and hospital staff. Public health facilities are generally perceived to be unpleasant and unhygienic with poorly maintained buildings, over-flowing drains, and grazing cattle within the campus, presence of dogs/cats/rodents inside the hospital, and patient care areas & often dirty /non-functional toilets
Written By: Jyoti Pandey